7 Steps to Choosing Your Niche
- Self assessment
- Look for trends and hot topics.
- Make a list of markets you’re interested in.
- Find a market related to a topic you’re knowledgeable about.
- Find a market that is underserved.
- Check the competition in that market.
- Find a market where you won’t have to convince your customers that they need your product.
You can – and should – complete the above 7 steps iteratively. That means you won't necessarily follow them in the exact order they're listed, and you'll probably need to go back and revisit some steps as you begin to "flesh out" your target market.
You should revisit this process periodically to make sure your small business and marketing efforts are in tune with the marketplace and you are positioned for long-term success.
After completing all 7 steps for determining your small business niche, you’ll be prepared to answer the 6 Questions About Your MLM Target Niche.
UPDATE: In partnership with MyBizTutor, we now have a FREE worksheet available to help guide you through the 7 Steps to Choosing Your MLM Target Niche.